From Jamie Lester, Technical Director CRL
Canada Rugby League welcomes all interested individuals to apply for the Canada Wolverines Head Coach voluntary position for the 2013 season.
Canada Rugby League was established in 2010 and has since formed a provincial competition in British Columbia and Ontario, as well as establishing the Canada Wolverines as the highest progressing international rugby league team over the past two years.
Canada Rugby League is interested in hearing from motivated people that have the essential qualifications and required skills to advance the Canada Wolverines team for the 2013 season and beyond.
The Head Coach must reside in Toronto/GTA for the duration of the 2013 season.
Canada Wolverines Head Coach duties include, but are not limited to;
- Plan, prepare and implement a season coaching plan and individual session plans, in accordance with accepted standards and guidelines.
- Liaise with assistant coaches in the preparation and running of each session.
- Ensure sessions are documented.
- Ensure that all activities, venues and equipment are safe and suitable for the intended purpose.
- Ensure that all players are fit and able to participate in training sessions and competitions.
- Monitor players for injuries and report/remove them when necessary to maintain player safety.
- Work with selection committee in the selection process.
- Announce the train-on squad and the team for each game; discuss non-selection with players if necessary.
- Instil appropriate behaviour within their players.
- Manage player expectations.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development.
- Prepare review reports when required.
- Give interviews to the media.
- Follow the Code of Conduct and Constitution at all times and ensure that others do the same.
For a full job description and/or to submit your application, please email Eric Perez at email@example.com (Applications close Monday, January 14th).
Daniel Andruczyk’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.